Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions.
1. How do I pay my membership?
The annual membership is £195 (£185 for a second child at the club).
Sort code: 20-35-35
Account number: 40488763
Payee: Horsley & Send Cricket Club
Reference: Child’s Name, Surname and Age Group eg John Smith U11
2. When is training?
Mondays- U8 Girls - 5pm-6.30pm
Mondays- U11 Girls 6.45pm-8.15pm
Wednesdays-U12/13/14/15 Girls 6.45pm-8.15pm
With fixtures in the U11 Girls SMASH IT League , U13 Girls SMASH IT League &
U14 Development Hardball League
Training starts week beginning Monday 29th April.
3. How do I set myself up on Pitchero?
4. Who do I contact if I have a membership query?
Fen Palmer Mole
5. Who is the team manager?
6. Who is the coach?
7. What about kit?
The good news is that parents don't have to wash white cricket kit anymore!
8. How long do matches last?
About 45 minutes: we play 8 overs a side and everyone bowls an over. We rattle through the overs as energetically as we can!
9. What is the "Smash it" competition that everyone is talking about?
A twist on pairs cricket where its pair vs pair as well as team vs team
Teams to consist of the following players, subject to age groups; one innings per team.
U9 – 6 or 8-a-side
U11 – 8-a-side
U13 – 10-a-side
• Each innings shall consist of one of the following:
U9 – 6 x six ball overs or 8 x six ball overs depending on number of players
U11 – 8 x six ball overs
U13 – 10 x six ball overs
• Players will bat in pairs (SMASH) with an equal number of overs (2 overs per pair)
• Bowlers are able to bowl a MAXIMUM of 2 overs each. Maximum of 3 overs at U13. Bowling will take place from one end – At the end of each over the batters will swap ends to alternate the strike, regardless of who faced the last ball of the innings.
Wides and no-balls shall be decided by the umpires according to the normal laws of cricket. (No ball to be called if a ball without bouncing goes above waist height in all age groups).
For U14 age group, the ball shall only be able to bounce once before the batter.
No balls and wides shall not be replayed other than during the last over of each innings.
• Fielders should rotate at U9s but there is no need to rotate at the older two age groups – however there must be a minimum of two fielders on the off-side (the side of the bat) at all times.
• All normal dismissals of cricket shall be allowed with the exception of LBW – LBW is only to be given if the batsman deliberately kicks the ball in front of the stumps without offering any shot at the ball. At the fall of a wicket the batters shall switch ends – no need to switch in the event of a run out.
Pitch lengths: - The pitch lengths will now follow the new ECB Recommended lengths- U9’s: 15 yards / U11’s: 17 yards / U13’s: 19 yards. These games can be played on the outfield, on an artificial wicket as well as on an astro pitch (hockey/football).
Timings: - Timings for each game are based on the umpires controlling the game and making sure that the girls are getting through their pairs quickly and that the next batters are ready to come on as soon as the over has been completed. Each Smash IT game of 8 overs should only take 40 minutes maximum to be completed. Therefore, you are looking at 45 minutes for a 10 a side fixture, and around 30 minutes for a 6 a side fixture. Three games are usually able to be fit into a 2hr30mins time slot at a venue, with 3 hours being a maximum length of time required.
9. "Smash it" Scoring
The scoring for SMASH IT is as follows: -
- A ball smashed over the boundary without bouncing shall count as 6 runs, 4 runs if it bounces before the rope.
- 2 runs shall be awarded for every completed run
- Minus 5 runs off the score per wicket taken
- Wides and No-balls shall count as 2 runs (extras) – If any completed runs are taken by the batsmen off these deliveries, further runs will be awarded (Run off a wide – additional runs go down as extras; Run off a no-ball without hitting the ball – additional runs go down as extras; Run off a no-ball being hit by a batter will be awarded to the person that hit the ball)
There are bonus points up for grabs for the following:
U9 – Teams scoring over 240
U11 – Teams scoring over 270
U13 – Teams scoring over 300